WHS Legislative Framework

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jkidson

WHS Legislative Framework

Post by Jkidson » Mon May 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Task 2 IC131 - CHCCN511B - Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Both the employer and employees are responsible for ensuring a safe environment for adults and children in children's services.

List the key aims of WHS legislation.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
-Protecting working and other persons against harm to there health, safety and welfare
-Providing for fair and effective workplace representation, consultation, co-operation and issue resolution in relation to work, health and safety
-Encouraging unions and employers to take part in promoting improvements in health, safety practices and assist workers to achieve a healthier and safer workplace
-Promote provision of information, education and training in relation to health and safety
-Ensuring compliance with the Act through effective compliance and enforcement measures
-Ensuring appropriate scrutiny and review of action taken by persons exercising powers and performing functions under this Act
-Providing a framework for continuous improvements and higher standards of work, health and safety
-Maintain and strengthen the nation harmonisation of laws relating to work, health and safety

Description and Message:
Hi,

I have only just started my diploma this week and as it has been a while since I did some study I was just wondering if I was heading in the right direction with the first question.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks
JKid

Lorina

Re: WHS Legislative Framework

Post by Lorina » Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Yes, your answer seems correct and you're heading in the right direction... :thumbup:

:geek:,
L.A

Lillypad88
Helper
Helper

Re: WHS Activity 26 HLTWHS300A

Post by Lillypad88 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:19 am

I am having trouble with listing the responsibilities or each role for:
WHS committee
WHS representative
Employer
Employee

I have checked on many websites this morning and my workbooks
I can only find the legislative framework?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Lilly :)