Use of photos for RPL

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Timpey

Use of photos for RPL

Post by Timpey » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:58 pm

If a child's family has ticked for no photos or media to be shared is it still possible to use their photos for RPL purposes given their faces, names, first and last as well as birthdays etc are all blacked out?

I was wondering the legalities of this or if you are able to use any photographs pertaining to your own work as long as all the afore mentioned aspects are thoroughly blacked out? Again, faces, names, lastnames, birth dates etc

Extra points for naming or identifying relevant points or qld laws that help or support this. They would only be shared with the RTO and no1 else and the RTO has said they also have obligations to not share or release images etc

Any info is helpful as I'm about ready to give up!! Thanks so much!

Lorina

Re: Use of photos for RPL

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:34 pm

No I don't think so...

They have clearly mentioned for no photos and no media to be shared so that includes for RPL purposes too. You will still be sharing with the RTO even though though they will not share with others... you have to respect the wishes of the family.

:geek:,
Lorina