Situational Analysis

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
shahnii

Situational Analysis

Post by shahnii » Tue May 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR510A Design, implement and evaluate programs and care routines
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
The question is:
Write a situational analysis of the service at which you will be doing your Professional Experience block this semester. Include background information about the physical and social environment of the building, inside and outside play areas, staffing, resources, the children and families who use the service, and the surrounding community. Analyse the information and identify the implications for the program. ( eg. is it a rural centre or residential? is it a high or low socio economical area? are there a high number of indigenous children/families who use the service? are there numerous children with additional needs attending the service etc)

Does anyone have a situation analysis format that I could follow?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I've googled 'situation analysis' but I can't really apply for formats I've seen to meet the requirements for this question. I've also asked others from my work who are completing their diploma but they weren't any help.
I don't want answers, just a format, PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSEEE :D

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Situational Analysis

Post by Lorina » Thu May 22, 2014 5:17 am

I have been searching as well and the plans i have seen are very complicated... I think you can just use a table format. Write each of the headings mentioned in the question "Physical & Social Environment Of The Building", "Staffing", "Resources" etc. Add one column for background information, another for analysis and the last column for implications... It's probably the easiest way to format the plan.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying :lol:,

:geek:,
L.A

shahnii

Re: Situational Analysis

Post by shahnii » Fri May 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Thank you, I'll do that :)