Scenario: Tim - Participative Decision Making

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
AppleAshleigh

Scenario: Tim - Participative Decision Making

Post by AppleAshleigh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:37 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Collaborative Partnerships
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
***I need urgent help as this is due at the end of next week***
Give your reasons for question 1 and 2

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Im not quite sure on how to start it.... Some guideance would be much appreciated

Description and Message:
Scenario:

Most of the team like the idea of the BBQ and there are plenty of volunteers. Tasks are delegated and all is well until Norman asks if his own family can attend. Tim responds that he is not opposed to the idea and asks for comments from others. The response is mixed.
The younger staff are not keen to bring their partners – they think it will be boring.

Anan, Joan and Zennie think it‟s a great idea.

Adam is gay and worries that some parents may not be comfortable if he brings his partner.

Hui thinks it would be easier to interact with the families if their own family were not present – Hasna and Gigi agree.

David argues that if staff are expected to attend without being paid overtime or given time-in-lieu then their own family should be able to attend free of charge.
The staff begin to discuss the issues among themselves and Tim calls the meeting to order.

1- How should Tim make the final decision as to whether or not to include staff‟s family at the event using participative decision making?
*Tim should make the final decisions by taking all of his staff's comments into consideration as not all the staff would like their families to attend the Barbeque.

2 - If staff families do attend the barbeque should they pay?
*If the Families of the staff are participating in the centre barbeque the should pay the $10 as it is a fundraising event for the centre.
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Planning a centre event

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:24 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response. I don't think there is an exact correct answer for this question. The answer may be based upon your response. Anyways to help you out more:

Q1) Participative decision-making (PDM) is the extent to which employers allow or encourage employees to share or participate in organizational decision-making: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participat ... ion-making

Q2) Yes, if staff families want to attend this event since it is a fundraiser for the centre then they should pay.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

paramahuja

Re: Scenario: Tim - Participative Decision Making

Post by paramahuja » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:32 pm

but one question how can we say its fundraiser event as its not mentioned in scenario??

Loz247

Post by Loz247 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 pm

you could also use your the business of childcare textbook if you have one. Hopefully this helps you

aus22
Participator
Participator

Post by aus22 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:13 pm

I have this same scenario and wondering where I would find information online or in the text books about planning an event?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:27 am

aus22 wrote:I have this same scenario and wondering where I would find information online or in the text books about planning an event?
This may help:

Exploring Celebrations In Childcare

:geek:,
L.A