PR005- Supporting Physical Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Al_DiplomaStudent

PR005- Supporting Physical Development

Post by Al_DiplomaStudent » Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: PR005- Supporting Physical Development
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Identify one item of gross motor equipment commonly used in centre-based services and suggest two ways it could be used to support gross motor development.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Referred to book, and internet, but i seem to be getting stuck.

Description and Message:
Anyone that can help me on this question, i would muchly appreciate it. Thanks :)

lumamelzemm
Participator
Participator

Re: PR005- Supporting Physical Development

Post by lumamelzemm » Thu May 23, 2013 9:18 pm

run,jump,hopping, catching the ball, ridding a bike, climbing on A frames and going down all of these are cross motor activities.
playing in sand pit filling a bucket of sand and empty again is cross motor,when lifting the bucket ans so forth.

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: PR005- Supporting Physical Development

Post by cathiek » Sun May 26, 2013 6:05 pm

A balance beam - gross motor skill of balance, can add other obstacle course type items like tunnels before or after beam to make challenging. They usually have to climb to get to them so that is supporting more gross motor skills.
What about balls - throwing,catching, kicking etc.
Hope this helps.
Don't overthink it - just add details about whatever item you choose to use.
Cathiek