please help :)

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tmra92

please help :)

Post by tmra92 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:21 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC510A Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Describe 3 strategies that educators can use to support prosocial skills in young children?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
im aware of the prosocial behaviours and skills but im confused on whether the question is leaning more towards the support educators can give or the strategies that can be providing like learning experiences and such?

Description and Message:
Describe 3 strategies that educators can use to support prosocial skills in young children?

any answers will be greatly helped I have just been staring at this for way to long and now the questions gone over my head thankyou !!!

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: please help :)

Post by cathiek » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 pm

HI there
Is that the full question? Not sure if this is on the right track, but educators could
1. model the behaviour - educators use their manners with each other and the children. Educators apologise if they make a mistake. etc...
2. Scaffold the behaviour - if a child does something that upsets another, you could ask - what could be a nice thing to do so your friend realises you didn't mean to push them...etc.
3. Praise good behaviour - focus on the positives - Wow, Billy I love the way you included Susan in your play, that was very nice of you etc..

Hope this helps
Cathiek

tmra92

Re: please help :)

Post by tmra92 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 am

Thankyou Cathiek !! very helpful :)