Planning System

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
apittman92

Planning System

Post by apittman92 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR509A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
I would like to know, ASAP, as my assignment is due tonight, what is meant by a planning system?
I am unsure what a planning system and I would like to know what is meant by this so that I can answer the actual question being asked.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I know what a planning record is, but I am unsure of what a planning system is. I think that a planning system is the way that we plan for programming and providing for each child's interests, but I am not too sure. I think an example of a planning system would be what we do in a centre on a day to day basis, observing, documenting, planning and then putting the plan into place. Daily programs to document day to day interests, abilities, etc, family input etc. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP AS I HAVE THIS ASSIGNMENT DUE TONIGHT, I HAVE BEEN FOCUSING ON ANOTHER ASSIGNMENT AND TOTALLY MISSED THIS ON MY ASSIGNMENT SHEET!

Description and Message:
I would like to know, ASAP, as my assignment is due tonight, what is meant by a planning system?
I am unsure what a planning system and I would like to know what is meant by this so that I can answer the actual question being asked.I know what a planning record is, but I am unsure of what a planning system is. I think that a planning system is the way that we plan for programming and providing for each child's interests, but I am not too sure.

I think an example of a planning system would be what we do in a centre on a day to day basis, observing, documenting, planning and then putting the plan into place. Daily programs to document day to day interests, abilities, etc, family input etc. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP AS I HAVE THIS ASSIGNMENT DUE TONIGHT, I HAVE BEEN FOCUSING ON ANOTHER ASSIGNMENT AND TOTALLY MISSED THIS ON MY ASSIGNMENT SHEET!

Lorina

Re: Planning System

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:49 pm

What is your module/unit topic on where this question is asked?

Lorina

Re: Planning System

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:55 pm

I found this:
A Guide to the Planning System

Planning refers to the decisions that change the environment and affect everyday life. These decisions might be about new public transport, the size of a new shopping centre, the location of parks, a bike path or a new road. These planning decisions may influence how we get to work, where we shop and what we do in our spare time.

Under Victoria’s planning system local councils and the State Government develop planning schemes to control land use and development, and to ensure the protection and conservation of land in Victoria in the present and long-term interests of all Victorians.  

These schemes are developed in line with planning policy and strategy and contain planning policies, zones, overlays and other provisions that affect how land can be used and developed.

Ref:http://www.dpcd.vic.gov.au/planning/the ... ing-system

You could use this a guide and try and relate it to a Childcare context.

:geek:,
L.A