Pass or Fail

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
WarblerOn
Helper
Helper

Pass or Fail

Post by WarblerOn » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE017 Unsatisfactory for one module
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
I am getting a little bit concerned and a tiny bit frustrated because my teacher just informed me i'm not satisfactory on my theory workbook, but if its only a couple of questions that need to be fixed up can they have the right to overall fail you?

I'm not sure how the system works, but I don't want to fail from one subject, whereas I've done that subject before and passed but because its not equivalent to the new course, I feel like my work is not getting noticed, and I really don't want to fail.
I'm worried.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I've been going so well until now, or at least I felt like I was going fine. I was enjoying my work placement, and I had all the things necessary in my workplacement folder, but the teachers took so long to sign our theory in class work so now I'm just finding this out and am kind of getting concerned.

Description and Message:
Thoughts or comments are welcomed.
I just really want to pass.

Lorina

Re: Pass or Fail

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:47 am

First off, it's completely ridiculous that you have to wait this long to get your work marked. Anyways, if it is only a couple of questions you may be able to re-submit it, so you can pass the module. I don't think you should receive a fail for your module without been given a chance to improve your response or show further evidence of your understanding. Only after this attempt and still you have shown unsatisfactory understanding then you may fail he module. If this happens you will have to re-enrol to complete it again. However, don't look at the worst case scenario just yet. Have a look in your student handbook as it should tell you what happens in your case. You could also talk to your head teacher to discuss requirements needed to pass the module you're unsatisfactory on. A teacher should not fail you and less it's really necessary and they should b bale to support you to get you to pass.

It's going to be OK!

:geek:,
L.A

WarblerOn
Helper
Helper

Re: Pass or Fail

Post by WarblerOn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:21 pm

It is ridiculous, alot of people in my class complain about this, but It's okay. I think I panicked too early because I had experience a fail before and that's why I don't want to have to enroll again. I have gained alot more experience this second time around, and got a casual job from the last practical work so I am not complaining about that.

It's all good. I got my assignment back today. Looked over it several times, fixed up the few answers that needed to be fixed up and I hope for the best now, because I don't want (one subject) to be the cause of me not getting the diploma, but I think it's okay. Also yeah I understand what you mean about talking to the head person and all, I was thinking about it if there was a major concern of me failing.
It appears okay at the moment, I get a chance to re-submit at least.

Thank you for getting back to me.
:oops: :? :| I hope it's okay.