Organise experiences to facilitate and enhance children's development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
onturk

Organise experiences to facilitate and enhance children's development

Post by onturk » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:20 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR502E
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
How you ensure your resources are ready?
What your role is during activities?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I've finished my placement but there are a few things that I need to answer about my program planning that I've done and this is one of the questions. I don't really understand like is it asking me what I do to make sure all my resources are ready? Can I just say when I put my activities on plan I write down a list of things I need for each activity and make sure that I have access to the resources needed. Before Introducing the activity I make sure that the it looks attractive so aesthetically pleasing. I'm not quite sure about this one

ROLE DURING ACTIVITIES
• Observing the child to find out the interest and build up an accurate picture of their development
• Listening to children’s conversations
• If children are not interested in an activity I will need to see what changes need to be made
• Making sure I have a clear picture of how the activity has turned to evaluate on it
• Interacting with children which will build an awareness of the interest of children as they occur spontaneously
• Encouraging and Praise the children acknowledging their achievements
• Making sure that activities look aesthetically pleasing
• If their becoming more involved in the activity, add props and assist them to extend on their ideas
• Making sure that it’s aimed to provide learning opportunities in all developmental areas
• Make sure it covers the learning outcome and it has a goal so a purpose of what you want the child to do
• Making sure that the activity is inclusive and that all children can participate
• Encourage children to work together during activities
• Get involved in the activity but remember not to take over their play.
• Also you need to supervise at all times. If you’re interacting with a child about an activity or are involved in an activity make sure that you scan the room.

I would be very happy to get a reply ASAP because it's due real soon.
Thanks

Description and Message:
I would be very happy to get a reply ASAP because it's due real soon.
Thanks

Lorina

Re: Organise experiences to facilitate and enhance children's development

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:20 am

That's great! I think you covered pretty much everything. That's exactly what I would do during an experience...

:geek:,
L.A