Make a Language Prop

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
libbea

Make a Language Prop

Post by libbea » Fri May 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Support Holistic Development
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
I have to create a language prop - Hand puppet or finger puppet that can be used to present a language/literature experience for children between 2-6yrs old.
The primary focus is to stimulate language development.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I was originally thinking about doing 5 little monkeys but when I re-read I have to stimulate language development. Which im sure this would but interested in other ideas (that don't require the most talented artist lol)

Description and Message:
I'm looking for any suggestions of easy to remember rhymes/songs/books :)

Thanks in advance :D

Lorina

Re: Make a Language Prop

Post by Lorina » Sun May 11, 2014 4:50 am

You can probably find some ideas in the following information:

Improving Language Skills (available in our Wiki, in Teaching Children)
Encourage Language

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

libbea

Post by libbea » Mon May 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Very helpful.

Thank you :)

lil_snowdrop

Post by lil_snowdrop » Wed May 21, 2014 4:45 pm

I have similar assignment on this topic but slightly different:

Student are to individually select an area of wellbeing and then design a story that relates to that area. your story telling experience and wellbeing topic must also foster children's language, physical, cognitive, emotional and social development. You will need at least two props (a piece of music, a poem, puppets, musical instruments or a dance) that will compliment your story and wellbeing topic.

I am thinking of focus on physical developmental area of wellbeing. Story will touch on child's physical development such as 'jumping, hopping, move to the left, move to the right, running' - my story is a re-telling version of "i am going for a bear hunt" and Prop are song and puppet.

What do you think?