Legal Requirements That Relate To Early Childhood Education

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
vani75

Legal Requirements That Relate To Early Childhood Education

Post by vani75 » Sun May 07, 2017 12:29 pm

HI, can anyone suggest me if my below answer to the question is correct....Thanks.

1. Identify three (3) legal requirements that relate to either the Individual Support Worker or Early Childhood Education and Care role.

Answer :-

When working in a childcare, we must adhere to the service/centre’s policies and procedures manual which is a list of documents under the legislation and regulatory requirements that guides us in our decisions. This policy and procedure manual provides us with an outline and procedure to follow when working in the centre. Such as – Administering medications, sun safety, guiding behaviour, food handling etc. We as an educator must demonstrate an understanding of the legal responsibilities of our job.

These policies and procedures are all related to our work role when working with children and we must read and follow them in order to do our job appropriately. They can be in the form of :

Nutrition – If I am feeding a toddler aged 18 months and he is not eating properly meaning refusing to eat fruit during morning tea, I will make sure that whatsoever I have to do, I make him eat so that he gets the full nutrition and at the same time fills him up. If he repeats the same during lunch time, then I will report the matter to my team leader so that we take steps to overcome it.

Medicines – If there’s a sick child at the centre and need to be given medicines, then I will ask for the doctor’s prescription from the parent wherein it should be mentioned about the sickness of the child and the medicines that need to be given to the child with appropriate doses. I will make sure that all legal procedures are followed without any compromise on the child’s health.

Confidentiality – While working at childcare, we need to maintain confidentiality of all the children and their families. I will keep all of children’s developmental and enrollment records at a private place and accessible only to the family and relevant staff. I will carefully consider what information to display and where it is placed.

Lorina

Re: Legal Requirements That Relate To Early Childhood Education

Post by Lorina » Mon May 08, 2017 4:39 pm

You're on the right track with confidentiality and medicines, you could also do something like Authorisation Of Collection of Children...

National Regulations

:geek:,
Lorina

vani75

Post by vani75 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Thanks a lot Lorina.

sar_p

Post by sar_p » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:18 pm

Hi ,

Appreciate your help with below Q1 & 2 ?

Thank you .

Question 1 : Name five (5) different legislative requirements regarding information management that apply to a regulated children’s education and care service.

Answer :

1. Education and Care service National Regulations 181,183

2. Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic)

3 .Privacy and data protection act 2014 (Vic)

4 Privacy act 1988

5 Privacy regulations 2013

Q2 : Based on the legislation identified, what is the storage requirements?

Ans ?? Please help