LA016763 - Nurturing Relationships With Katherine

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nilpis41

LA016763 - Nurturing Relationships With Katherine

Post by Nilpis41 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:41 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: LA016763 - NURTURING RELATIONSHIPS WITH KATHERINE
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
How will you develop a nurturing relationship with Katherine? Describe how you will ensure consistency of care routines and provide a rich environment of Katherine that will support her skill development? Use the information in the case study in your answer. You should identify at least five strategies.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
When Katherine is drop off in the morning I would greet her "Good morning beautiful how are you today?" Then I would suggest to her we can play with her favourite toys. I would set up kitchen play on a small table and mat that she can explore. After all, play is a great relationship builder and spending time playing with Katherine send a simple message - you are important to me. I would also provide a variety of objects that fit into each other that Katherine can manipulate. After Katherine's play-time I would say "Time for nappy change beautiful girl". Take her to nappy area and change her nappy. Whilst changing her I know that its nearly nap time for Katherine and she was rubbing her eyes as well. Pick her up and sat her down on the mat whilst I warm her expressed breast milk. I would ensure that the expressed breast milk is the right temperature for her. I would put Katherine on my lap and feed her breast milk. Talk to her "Very tired, time for bed". Ensure Katherine is burp before placing her in baby sleeping bag whilst singing a lullaby "ten teddy bears" and then gently rocked for a minute or two.

I would then placed Katherine in her cot "Very tired, time for bed". I would make sure that her sleep environment is quiet, the room must be slightly darken a little and leave the room. After 30 minutes of sleep Katherine is awake I would pick her up give her a cuddle and say "Hello beautiful did you have a good sleep?' Take Katherine to the play area, see if she can explore and play with other babies. Let her know that "Its time for morning tea". Organise morning tea for Katherine and other babies. Sit Katherine on a high chair with an extra spoon. Feed Katherine with yoghurt with another spoon and I would say "Yummy I love yoghurt and I know its your favourite food too." After feeding her yoghurt, I would cut little bite size banana and place it in front of her to eat. Ensure she has a drink of boiled water from a lidded, two handled cup which was provided by her mum. I would clean her up with a warm wet cloth and sit her down at the play area.
I would also organise for group time sing action songs like "round and round the garden, teddy bear teddy bear, this little piggy or we would play peekaboo as well.

By having this nurturing relationship with Katherine, I help her feel secure and learn to explore, play and learn and build a trusting relationship with her.

Please help I am not sure if I answer these questions correctly. Appreciate your advise.

Cheers

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: LA016763 - Nurturing Relationships With Katherine

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:42 am

Yeah it all sounds fine too me... Except you don't need to continue to say "Beautiful" when talking to her. You can just use her name... The rest of the response is detailed and well thought out and sounds like a nurturing relationship between you and Katherine.

:geek:,
L.A

Nilpis41

Re: LA016763 - Nurturing Relationships With Katherine

Post by Nilpis41 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Appreciate your reply and thank you :)