IC131 - Inter-relationships Between WHS& Children's Health & Safety

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
goldcoastgirl

IC131 - Inter-relationships Between WHS& Children's Health & Safety

Post by goldcoastgirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: IC131-GB131 WHS legislative framework
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Explain the inter-relationships between WHS and children’s health and safety in children’s services.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
i have looked threw my text book and on so many websites i cant seem to find the correct answer

Description and Message:
please someone help me or link me to a website that will help i have been stuck of this question for so long now
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

lilybeth7
Participator
Participator

Re: NEED HELP ASAP

Post by lilybeth7 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:49 am

I hope this helps. I will keep looking :P

Occupational health & safety | OH&S/WHS Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice

New work health and safety (WHS) laws

New work health and safety (WHS) laws commenced on 1 January 2012 in many states and territories to harmonise occupational health and safety (OH&S) laws across Australia.

WHS legislation includes a model WHS Act, regulations, Codes of Practice and a national compliance and enforcement policy. The model WHS Act is not significantly different from current occupational health & safety (OH&S) laws, but will make it easier for businesses and workers to comply with their requirements across different states and territories.

Each state and territory is responsible for regulating and enforcing WHS laws. Safe Work Australia is the national body in charge of developing work health and safety and workers’ compensation policy.

The following states and territories now use harmonised WHS legislation instead of previous OH&S laws:
Australian Capital Territory
The Commonwealth of Australia
New South Wales
Northern Territory
Queensland
South Australia

Most remaining states are expected to move to the new model WHS Act by the start of 2013.

OH&S Acts

States and territories that have not yet implemented new WHS laws are still responsible for making and enforcing their own OH&S Act. These laws spell out the duties of different groups of people who play a role in workplace health and safety.

OH&S, WHS Regulations and Codes of Practice

Some workplace hazards can cause so much injury or disease that specific regulations or codes of practice are needed to control them. These regulations and codes explain the duties of particular groups of people in controlling these risks. There is a difference between regulations and codes:
Regulations are legally enforceable
Codes of Practice provide advice on how to meet regulatory requirements. Codes are not legally enforceable, but they can be used in courts as evidence that legal requirements have or have not been met.