Help CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
J.C

Help CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence

Post by J.C » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE001 Develop Cultural competence
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Conduct an activity to foster effective and supportive cross-cultural relationships and environments. taking into consideration children, family and community, prepare a brief written report outlining the activity, and how the activity and your work, is culturally appropriate.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I am not really understanding the question, am i ment to plan a multicultural experience?
what are cross-cultural relationships?
is this activity ment to be based on the relationships between the children im just not really understanding it,
I would apprecciate if someone could simplify the question or give some ideas to get me going

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Help CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:09 am

From my understanding you need to provide an experience based on one of the cultures within your centre to help children gain a better understanding or some ideas of that specific culture. For example: if you had some children from the North of India you could do an experience based on Holi (celebrated on March 17th). Within this experience you can talk to the children about it, why they celebrate it etc. Cross cultural relationships just means creating a positive atmosphere and cultural understanding for everyone to be included.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

J.C

Post by J.C » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Thankyou, I ended up taking a guess and I think im right, I planned an experience where children are able to discuss their cultures with one another by bringing in an item and showing it to their peers.
Thanks for your help L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:47 am

Good ideas...Sounds like you're on the right track with that answer.

:geek:,
L.A