Fostering holistic development - families

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sharryn

Fostering holistic development - families

Post by Sharryn » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:26 pm

I would appreciate you help on an assessment questions as I'm completely lost in what they are asking me

Your plan must also demonstrate how you have fostered the holistic development of the children. Use the checklist below to ensure you have covered all the criteria for this unit:
� facilitated and supported children’s emotional and psychological development
� encouraged children’s self-help and independence
� planned opportunities to foster children’s positive self-concept and self-esteem
� provided a positive and safe environment to encourage children to express their thoughts, feelings and ideas
� ensured your play experiences foster a sense of belonging and inclusion for every child.

My topic is that of families as a child has created a family of faces using sand and natural resources and extending on the concept of families I'm need to answer the following.
This is what i have so far could you please let me know if I'm on the right path.

Cultural/interaction considerations:
Invite others to be part of the discussion on Explore families and what makes up a family through open ended questioning
Encourage and follow up particular issues.
Working with families to explore how different cultures can be Similar and different

Contingency consideration:
Extending on children s learning about families. It could be a conversation, a modifcation to the environment, the way you interact with a child, the opportunities to collaborate with others you encourage, or a discussion you have with families.
Have discussions about their famili8y whilst drawing a family portrait. Explore how many people are in their family. Do they have brothers or sisters?
Explore extended families e.g. grandparents cousins aunts and uncles.
Discuss how families are different and the same i.e. big families, small families
Explore community that they belong to.
Draw pictures read books learn about the community they live in through families

Modifications made and reasons for modifications:
Plan and implement intentional teaching strategies that will support and extend children learning about families and cultural diversity.
Create opportunities for children to explore similar and difference

you assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.