Diploma of Education Support

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
gigix77

Diploma of Education Support

Post by gigix77 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Foster children's aesthetic and creative develoonent
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
Describe a play area, both indoors and outdoors, which provides children with opportunities to enjoy dramatic and imaginative play.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
For indoor I'v answered corner with hats, stuffed animals, old mobile phones, a cash register, dressups etc
Outdoor I said a play kitchen at the end of an outdoor sand pit.
What I would like to know is, are dramatic play and imaginative play the same.

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Diploma of Education Support

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Good response! :thumbup:

The two are similar... I think with dramatic play children need and use the props as is, such as a play kitchen for cooking, dolls for being mummies, doctors kit for playing doctors etc but for imaginative play they don't need to play with props as they are. For e.g a block can be used as a phone and they just use their imagination...

Cheers,
L.A