Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50113

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tracyck1

Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50113

Post by tracyck1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE017: Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Assessment One - Theorists

Lev Vygotsky (1896-1934) was a social theorist who believed "children learn actively and through hands-on experiences. His socio-cultural theory also suggested that parents, caregivers, peers and the culture at large were responsible for the development of higher order functions."1 This theory emphasised the importance of social interactions for children with their families, educators and peers. He also believed that social interact was critical to language development and that language was central to the development of 'thinking'. Vygotsky also believed that at some stage there were certain concepts children were not able to acquire on their own. Vygotsky's term for the range of tasks that a child can complete was called ZPD= Zone Proximal Development.

Question 1: Vygotsky's theory and detail how this relates to a child's social development.
Question 2: Vygotsky's theory in relation to language development. Summaries the theory and the explain how this will affect your practices as an educator.
Question 3: What is your understanding of ZPD and how does it impact on your role as an educator?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have not answer these questions and i'm still having trouble understand the theorists

Description and Message:
Please need help urgently :)

tracyck1

Re: Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50113

Post by tracyck1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Thank you very much and I do appreciate it L.A :)

Tracy

tracyck1

Re: Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50113

Post by tracyck1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Answer 1: Vygotsky's theory is telling me that the child's social development is learning from other peers.Social development is that if somebody else moving around towards the music playing example a baby will copy and learn from the educator. The baby will copy the educator by clapping hands, smiles and move their body side to side. Another example if you put baby and play the music without any action from the educator, the baby wont moved at all.

Please check if I am on the right track :)
Need an answer urgently please

Thanks