diploma in children's cervices tafe

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
alina
Participator
Participator

diploma in children's cervices tafe

Post by alina » Thu May 22, 2014 11:06 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCORG506C coordinate the work enviornment
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
As a children's service coordinator, what skills do you believe you need to possess to facilitate positive group activities?

How would you seek feedback from the staff team? what strategies would you implement to ensure the staff team have a variety of options open to them to convey feedback?

How would you provide feedback to staff? what strategies could you put into place to monitor and encourage staff to be open with their feedback?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Meetings are an invaluable way for staff to come together to share and exchange ideas,
problem solve, resolve conflicts, plan workloads and future activities, and to share a common vision and goals.

no idea

Providing feedback to staff individually and in groups.

Description and Message:
hi am not sure about my answers weather I am right or not please help me.I really need your help.
thank you,
alina

MarkPowter
Participator
Participator

Re: diploma in children's cervices tafe

Post by MarkPowter » Thu May 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Hello Alina,

You are on the right track with your answers but are thinking too big in regards to only staff meetings. While staff meetings are fantastic, the centre I work at is lucky to have 5 staff meetings a year as they cost time and money and as such you need to consider more regular options that can be completed quickly and are almost cost free. These can include things such as having a book within the staff room that staff can write in during their break, opportunities for staff to write on the daily program with comments and suggestions and so on. These are quick, cheap, ongoing and regular ways for staff to communicate their suggestions.

Staff feedback also needs to be something that is quick and easy. I 100% agree with you that individual and group feedback is good and think this should be the basis behind your feedback. In saying this, the ways in which you do this are endless and depend on the reason for providing feedback. A simple thanks or well done is often good for small things while a card or small present are very encouraging for larger events. I think you should also answer ways you would provide negative feedback to the staff as this is a big problem for many centres. Staff should always have a variety of ways to provide feedback to you. Sometimes staff wont feel comfortable saying something to you so being able to write something or email it can prove useful. Be creative!

Good luck :)

alina
Participator
Participator

Re: diploma in children's cervices tafe

Post by alina » Thu May 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Hello markpowter,

I am happy to know that I am on the right track with my answer. thank you so much for your ideas that's really very helpful.
can you also help me in my second question. really very appreciate your work.

best regards
Alina