Diploma

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ShMaDa

Diploma

Post by ShMaDa » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:26 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHC50113 Development and Learning
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
a) What are the key concepts that are promoted through children's exposure to maths, science and technology ?

b) Give an example of experiences that you will provide to foster the development of these concepts.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
a) Science, for example, provides a wonderful opportunity to utilise cooperation and problem-solving skills as small groups of children test their capacities to manipulate objects, experiment with cause and effect and trial and error. Use refective thinking to consider why things happen.

b) Provide science experiments for example frozen ice sensory play, so children can touch and play with the ice and see why it melts in our hand or when we put it in the sun.

Description and Message:
Not sure if I am on the right path here and I am very unsure how to answer the rest of the question. Can someone please give me some help.

Lorina

Re: Diploma

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:39 pm

This may help:
CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT IN MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE.
8. One-to-One Correspondence.
9. Number Sense and Counting.
10. Logic and Classifying.
11. Comparing.
12. Early Geometry: Shape.
13. Early Geometry: Spatial Sense.
14. Parts and Wholes.
17. Ordering, Seriation, and Patterning.
18. Measurement: Volume, Weight, Length, and Temperature.
19. Measurement: Time.
34. Life Science.
35. Physical Science.
36. Earth and Space Science.
37. Environmental Awareness.
38. Health and Nutrition.

:geek:,
L.A