Diploma

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
neethu

Diploma

Post by neethu » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCRF511A Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
AT1 & 2
Develop a tool that enables you to gather information about a new child in your centre. An example of this is a Child profile tool. YOU COULD INCLUDE A Document/ form , samples of children's work. Once you develop this tool document the following information to your service by using appropriate communication skills and strategies (active listening , checking understanding
a,Information about children's needs, routines
b,family events to influence child's behaviour
c,How will you ensure and maintaining confidentiality of the information gathered
d,Exchanging information with family about the interest and knowledge of their child
e,Any Family specific child care practices, demonstrating non- judgemental attitude to different perspectives
f,Specific parent request
g, Parent/ carer requests in relation to their child and use of child care
h, Other relevant informations

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I think its like children's enrollment form where we can see all routines and needs and by doing observations of a new child we can show new parents his/ her interest. For eg: If a child is non English speaking we can ask parents to write some words which they use and also to ask the staff who knows that language eg: asian languages

Description and Message:
I am bit confused. I need to cover all above points (a -h)to my answer. Pls help me.
Thanks
:?:

Lorina

Re: Diploma

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Yes, within the enrolment forms usually there are details that are collected from the parent about the child's routines etc to assist staff in caring and supporting the child. However, these parent forms can be given to families regularly to update the families information. We do have family input forms much like those questions asked in your assignment available in our portfolio templates. These templates are premium templates and you need to be a donator to download. Here is the link:

Portfolio Templates

:geek:,
L.A

neethu

Post by neethu » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Developmental checklist of children 0-2 year old and need to develop the goals and a plan around the results of the checklistand also evaluate the result of the checklists.

My doubt is : Is it the developmental milestones of children ? how I relate to the ,milestone.

For eg: If a child has a language problem and not talking How will I relate to this milestone?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:27 am

Check out the following:

Child Development

The developmental milestones are used as a guide only and it doesn't necessarily mean that children within the suggested age will achieve the milestones it says. All children progress differently as the developmental milestones should be used as a general guide only.

:geek:,
L.A

neethu

Post by neethu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Collect 5 different samples /examples of how you and our childcare identify and monitor children's cognitive development and thinking skills?Explain the purpose of each examples.

Is it the activities like play dough
art / craft/ blocks and puzzles.