Demonstrating Leadership

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
KatyAkachan

Demonstrating Leadership

Post by KatyAkachan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Licensing Proposal
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Write a philosophy that reflects the vision of your centre

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Our centre philosophy is underpinned by both the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF).
We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to receive high-quality care. We believe that a child's learning and development is holistic and multi-dimensional, incorporating aspects of the intellectual, physical, emotional and cognitive areas of development.

We feel strongly about acknowledging the individuality of each child's identity, as well as respecting their culture, background and heritage. We encourage the involvement of parents in our centre, and invite parents or other carers to spend time at the centre when appropriate as well as engaging themselves in their child's learning.

We maintain high expectations for every child in our care, but understand that each child learns and develops at their own rate, and sometimes in unique ways. We aim to encourage and support different types of learning in our centre by allowing children to choose how, when and where they would like to play, without their exploration being unduly interrupted by adults.

We believe that room staff should not schedule or control children's play and learning, but be there to act as a guide for their play-based learning. We don't believe in punishing children, preferring instead to re-direct negative or dangerous behaviour to to a different activity, followed by an explanation.
Our centre also believes in an “as safe as necessary, not safe as possible” approach to children's exploration, which incorporates calculated risk into play. We allow children to climb, run, explore, problem-solve and engage in “rough and tumble” play, as long as their behaviour is not dangerous or negative.

Description and Message:
For this assignment we have to create a virtual child care centre, go through the regulations, plan and design it, write policies, etc. We also have to write a philosophy...which is something I've struggled with a little bit. Below is what I've written so far...does it seem okay? Anything else I should add?
Thanks for the feedback :)

Lorina

Re: Demonstrating Leadership

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:32 am

I think it's great! It reflects your "virtual centres" beliefs and enables those who are reading it to get an understanding of what your centre stands for! :thumbup:

I'm just going to add some more information about how to develop a service philosophy in case you get anymore ideas to add...

How to Develop A Service Philosophy

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

KatyAkachan

Re: Demonstrating Leadership

Post by KatyAkachan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Thank you! I'll have a look at that article because there were a couple more things I wanted to add. Thank you for the feedback :)