Dealing with aggressive behaviour

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mandy.bone

Dealing with aggressive behaviour

Post by mandy.bone » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC510A ESTABLISH AND IMPLEMENT PLANS FOR DEVELOPING COOPERATIVE BEHAVIOUR
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
What have you found to be the best way to deal with challenging behaviour?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I found the best way to deal with some challenging behaviour is finding out the triggers in the first place and try to find stratergies to avoid these triggers. This does not always seem to work. In younger children I use distraction and guiding the chidlren to another location. Older children I try explaining to them what they are doing is inappropriate (wrong) and explain to them the appropriate behaviur, this does not always work, any other ideas would help thanks

Description and Message:
I have worked in a variety of centres over placement (Crt 111 and now in my Diploma and tried some of these techniques, I still find it a challenge to cope with consistent challenging behaviour. Also as part of this module we are required to seek further information about this subject, so any ideas would be greatly apprieciated.

Lorina

Re: Dealing with aggressive behaviour

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:20 am

You have a good response so far.... You can also include some ideas found in the following articles available in our Wiki, in Child Behavior:

Discipline Techniques
Dealing With Tantrums

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A