Cultural competence

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sheenal

Cultural competence

Post by Sheenal » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:24 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HLTHIR404D and CHCECE001
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
I have to gather information on families & community's culture and describe strategies & resources to support cultural competences & celebrate differences. Lastly reflect on how you implemented these.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I don't know what to do.....!

Description and Message:
I have no idea what to do.
It's tough... :(

Can someone explain me.

I will really appreciate it.

Lorina

Re: Cultural competence

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:55 am

So based on the different cultures of families within your centre you need to give strategies on how you can include these cultures within the centre and resources you need to support this. With these ideas you need to do these at your centre and describe how it went. For example: you have a number of Japanese families. As part of their culture they eat using chopsticks. During meal times along with the forks and spoons you set at the table you can also include chopsticks for all children to have an option to eat with...

I'm also going to include some information that may helpful to you:

[attachment=2]diversity_and_equality.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=1]diversity-in-practice-tipsheet-2.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Including_Culture_In_Activities.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:.
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.