CHCSAC005 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in school age care

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
PaigeBradley
Participator
Participator

CHCSAC005 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in school age care

Post by PaigeBradley » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

). When engaging with children in child-initiated play and activities there are opportunities for spontaneous teachable moments to build on children’s learning.
List 3 ways you could build on children’s learning by using ‘teachable moments’ in each of the following child-initiated play scenarios.

(i) Bob finds a cardboard box and turns it into a car. How can you build on Bob’s learning experiences?
List 3 ways.
• Provide Bob with items and materials that he can stick on to his car, such as paper plates for wheels, what paper for head lights, and red paper for brake lights.
• Talk about different speeds on the road, and how different areas are different speeds. Set your own speed limits, inside is for walking only and outside is for running. Explain that if you speed a police man will give you a ticket.
• ????

I need one more, but i cant think of anything... any suggestions would be great!