CHCRF511A 2.1 (d) Impacts of Nicks behaviour

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Yazmiina

CHCRF511A 2.1 (d) Impacts of Nicks behaviour

Post by Yazmiina » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCRF511A, 2.1 (d)
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
How could I discus this with Karlie? I believe I have the relevant information but am struggling to answer how I would discuss this with the regular educator Karlie. Is this when she returns or am I contacting her while she is on holidays?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Nick's behaviour would be impacting all involved negatively, I assume he would be feeling stressed and uneased at the change in his environment and is taking it out on those around him. The other children may be made to feel uncomfortable and unsafe around Nick when he shows aggression towards them, the Educators might feel greater pressure during the day in their attempts to control his behaviour and outbursts while caring for the rest of the class, Nicks family would be worried he is unhappy and this could create ill feelings between them and the staff, while other families may feel their children aren't receiving enough attention because so much energy is used on attempting to control Nicks behaviour.

Description and Message:
SCENARIO *

Nick Is a boy aged 5 years and attends your centre 5 days a week in the pre prep room. Last year when Nick was with a different teacher he regularly displayed challenging behaviour at the centre. Since Nick moved up to the pre prep room he has expressed that he loves attending the centre and especially enjoys having Karlie as his teacher

The director has requested you relieve in this role for the four week period Karlie is on annual leave. During the first 2 days Nick has been displaying a variety of inappropriate behaviours, included swearing when you requested him to do something and being aggressive towards other children. Today his behaviour escalated to include kicking; hitting and attempting to bite an educator, when the interrupted him from climbing a tree in the play ground when he was refusing to come indoors.

Nicks mother Anna was unaware Karlie was going on leave and questioned you when she will be returning due to becoming aware of the change in Nicks recent behaviour. Anna expresses that she is concerned that Nick needs to be disciplined and makes the suggestion of facing him into a corner when he is 'naughty' as this is what she does at home.

d) Outline some of the possible impacts Nicks behaviour is having on himself, other children, educators, families, and explain how you could discuss this with Karlie .

Lorina

Re: CHCRF511A 2.1 (d) Impacts of Nicks behaviour

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:22 am

Your response is well thought out and detailed. In regards to Karlie it's best not to contact her during her annual leave. when she comes back then you can discuss this issue with her. In the meantime you can note down his behavior as well as conversation you had with his parents and then address them with Karlie once she has returned...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A