CHCPR510B - What could come next?

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
umh

CHCPR510B - What could come next?

Post by umh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCPR510B - Design, implement and evaluate programs and care routines
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Child's story:
While playing in home corner Ana tries to put a bib on the baby, she uses both hands to do this however cannot seem to get the bib around babies neck. Ana hands Bianca the baby "can you please try and put the bib onto the baby?" Bianca places the baby on her lap and holds the sides of the bib and successfully puts the bib onto the baby. Bianca hands Ana back the baby, Ana smiles and gives the baby some "lunch."

There are two questions following; what are the learning outcomes and what could come next

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have answered the learning outcomes i.e outcome 2.1. What i'm having problems with is the next question, what could come next? Does it mean what could come next as in how could they extend what they've learnt from their interaction? If it does, then how could i go about answering that? I don't know, i'm really stumped at the moment.

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: CHCPR510B - What could come next?

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:39 am

Yes, I think it is referring to a follow up experience. Since Ana was having trouble putting the bib on the baby she probably needs to work on her fine motor development. So an extension experience could be dressing dolls in dolls clothes. On a table set out some dolls and add dolls clothes in baskets that Ana must dress. This will help her with her hand'eye coordination and small muscle development.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

umh

Re: CHCPR510B - What could come next?

Post by umh » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:02 am

Thank you so much, that was really helpful! Now that i understand what is being asked I've begun to see how i can apply that to the rest of the scenarios given.