CHCORG506E - Interview Questions

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
childminder21

CHCORG506E - Interview Questions

Post by childminder21 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCORG506E Coordinate the work environment
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Write six questions that can be asked at the interview - include the type of response you are seeking for each question. Two questions should be in the form of a scenario - one related to OHS and one related to privacy/confidentiality). Provide one question to the candidate in writing (in the form of instructions for preparing craft materials) and ask a related question to ensure the candidate is able to read and understand written instructions.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. Can you tell me an example of when you have demonstrated good privacy and confidentiality practices?
- This question will make candidate reflect on their past conduct and whether or not they have adhered to confidentiality and privacy policies.

2. You are walking down the hallway to leave as your shift is over and you notice one of the children has spilled water from their bottle on the floor. What do you do?
- The candidate will either walk past and go home because they are no longer ‘on the clock’, get a slippery when wet caution sign and clean it up, or alert another employee of the mess before leaving. This will indicate how seriously they take OHS practices.

Description and Message:
These are 2 questions I have done so far. I am stuck on the part;
"Provide one question to the candidate in writing (in the form of instructions for preparing craft materials) and ask a related question to ensure the candidate is able to read and understand written instructions."

I don't quite understand what this means.
Has anyone else done this and understand what an example of this would be?
Thanks.

Lorina

Re: CHCORG506E - Interview Questions

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:07 am

To me it sounds like you have to provide instructions to something and then ask questions about it in order for the candidate to understand the instructions written. Maybe you can do something like origami for the instructions and then write questions about it... Here is a link on origami:

http://www.origami-instructions.com/eas ... crown.html

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:14 am

Look at what I just found... Can you use something like this? This is a brilliant idea and I'd love to have candidates do this exercise!

http://www.wisconsinjobcenter.org/publi ... 2/9482.pdf

:geek:,
L.A

childminder21

Post by childminder21 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 am

That's great, thanks so much for finding that resource for me. Really appreciate it!