CHCIC511A Implement and promote inclusive polices and practices in childcare services

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
aussieboy

CHCIC511A Implement and promote inclusive polices and practices in childcare services

Post by aussieboy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC511A Implement and promote inclusive polices and practices in childcare services
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
What would you do if a father of a child attending your center has been overheard at a local supermarket making accusations that staff members within your service have excluded his daughter due to her being Torres Strait Islander descent?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I would let other staff member or the nominee super visor know of the situation and I would advise them to arrange a meeting with the father and would discuss if they have any concerns about there child.

Description and Message:
Hi, Im not sure if I'm on the right path on this one....

I would love the help...

Thanks