CHCIC510A - Evaluations, Testimonials & Work Samples

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
shahnii

CHCIC510A - Evaluations, Testimonials & Work Samples

Post by shahnii » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:28 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC510A Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
The task: This task requires you to provide evidence of your ability to implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour

You are required to document a range of interactions and/or experiences that demonstrate competence in each of the descriptors listed below. Evidence may consist of an anecdote, narrative, evaluation, photographs, testimonials or work samples.

Is there a proper format for an evaluation, testimonial and work samples? Also what is an evaluation and a testimonal? Is a work sample the same as when you're creating a portfolio of a child and use include a sample of their art or constructive creations?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have all my evidence written down as obs in my notebook, I understand all of that part and don't need help with any of that. Just need to know how to turn my observations into evaluations and testimonals.

Description and Message:
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Guiding Children's Behaviour Evidence Portfolio

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:25 am

An evaluation occurs once you have completed the ob and have implemented a follow up experience. The evaluation states that the child achieved the goal you identified through the observation you took. So for each observation you need to come up with an experience which also has a goal to go with it. You need to do this follow p experience with the child then write an evaluation for it.

A testimonial is like a statement of a child saying they enjoyed playing with some type of experience. For example: "The playdough was soft and smelt like vanilla when I was playing with it" said Johnny.

You can find more examples and samples of documentation in our Online Tools:

Online Tools

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A