CHCIC501B/CHCRF511A

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kirstiejm
Participator
Participator

CHCIC501B/CHCRF511A

Post by kirstiejm » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:40 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Module 1: Organisational Requirements
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
How do parents and/or carers react to separation from the child?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I've just started my Diploma through Equalis and I know this is kind of a basic question but there are so many different reactions at the centre that I feel would take up pages to answer one simple question. Some of our parents find it very hard to leave and try to stay as long as possible, others are in and out and don't say anything.
How can I write this without sounding rude about the parents/carers who obviously don't feel the need to discuss their childs night or morning/don't care if the child is unsettled. And how can I write it simple without going on and on?

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: CHCIC501B/CHCRF511A

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:02 am

I think this question is referring to separation anxiety in children and how parents react to it as well as carers. When a child is going through separation anxiety some parents may just quickly leave once the child starts playing while others may settle their child down then leave. Carers also play a role during this time as they provide comfort and support to the child while the parent is leaving.

With this question just answer it as you may have experienced and what you have observed. Parents that leave their child crying and unsettled doesn't mean they don't care it's actually easier to distract and settle a child from a parents who quickly leaves then one that lingers on.

Have a look at the following article available in our Wiki, in Children Behavior.

Separation Anxiety In Children

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

kirstiejm
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCIC501B/CHCRF511A

Post by kirstiejm » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:31 pm

I think I'm just having trouble putting it into words. Thanks so much for your help.