CHCFC508A: Setting up a learning environment

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Buttercup131313

CHCFC508A: Setting up a learning environment

Post by Buttercup131313 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC508A: Foster Children's Aesthetic and Creative Development
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
The only clue we have is: You will be required to read widely to gather enough information about your choices of learning environment for the age group and plan and set up a learning corner for children 3 to 5 years.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
We have just listed down a basic description of our corner, what we have in it and what we think the children will benefit from it.

Description and Message:
We were asked to create an environment (from scratch) for children in a pre-school room. This is just in the school premises, but we put a lot of effort for it.
Now we are asked to document what we created and I'm a little confused about the details that they want for the documentation. I'm going to post the 'list', I just need help in understanding the questions, because I think they're very baffling.

-Begin with a clear explanation of the content to be studied and its significance
-Identify and select a range of developmentally appropriate visual, musical and other sensory stimuli to provide children with experiences or art and beauty
-Explain how your learning corner helps children to foster their creative development and aesthetic awareness
-How does the learning corner reflect diversity of families using the service
-Explain how you are able to stimulate children's awareness and develop their creativity, imagination and self expression
-List the type of materials provided in your learning corner and explain how experiences stimulates the different senses and promote body awareness
-What are some of considerations you have to take into account of in terms of safety, storage and maintenance of these resources, materials and equipments
-Describe in detail the teacher's roles
-Conclude by outlining the importance of supporting children's creativity and aesthetic awareness in early childhood setting.

I only need big help understanding the questions because it's hard to describe the exact corner that we created, and it would be best answered as it is. :)

So far the only idea I have is presenting the whole documentation as a whole and not by question, but I'm really confused.

Thank you in advance!
-Buttercup131313 :thumbup:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Buttercup131313

Re: Documentation

Post by Buttercup131313 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh dear, can anyone tell me how to edit the topic? I wrote the wrong thing on the subject bar! :(

Lorina

Re: Documentation

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 am

-Begin with a clear explanation of the content to be studied and its significance

Your module is on creating an aesthetic and creative area for children. for this, explain how this is significant to children and within an early childhood setting.

-Identify and select a range of developmentally appropriate visual, musical and other sensory stimuli to provide children with experiences or art and beauty

Within your learning environment list anything you used (for e.g. posters, music, picture displays etc.) that appealed to children's senses based on art and beauty.

-Explain how your learning corner helps children to foster their creative development and aesthetic awareness

Explain how the learning corner you created enhanced children's creative and aesthetic awareness.

-How does the learning corner reflect diversity of families using the service

This basically is asking how the learning corner you created reflected different cultures, backgrounds of families from the centre.

-Explain how you are able to stimulate children's awareness and develop their creativity, imagination and self expression

What experiences did you provide to the children to develop children's awareness of creative, imagination and self expression.

-List the type of materials provided in your learning corner and explain how experiences stimulates the different senses and promote body awareness

List the materials you added into your learning centre that stimulate a child's senses and body awareness.

-What are some of considerations you have to take into account of in terms of safety, storage and maintenance of these resources, materials and equipments

Were the materials/resources/equipment child friendly, how did you store these items, were these items safe for children to use of their own, how did you maintain these items?

-Describe in detail the teacher's roles

What did you have to do with the children while they were engaged in this learning area? Did you have to explain how to use materials, did you show them what experiences were available? Basically while the children were in this area you set up, what was your role?

-Conclude by outlining the importance of supporting children's creativity and aesthetic awareness in early childhood setting.

Why is important to support children's creative and aesthetic awareness.

Ok, so I basically added my thoughts on what the questions are asking you. So hopefully it makes better sense to you... If you took photos of your learning area then add them in your documentation so you can explain it easier. I've also edited the topic heading for you.

:geek:,
L.A

Buttercup131313

Re: CHCFC508A: Setting up a learning environment

Post by Buttercup131313 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Thank you! This has been a great help! I'm now working on the essay and it's quite easier to get my thoughts together now. :D
cheers!

xx