CHCFC507A - Music/Movement Experiences For Disabilities, Diversity & Culture

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kjq

CHCFC507A - Music/Movement Experiences For Disabilities, Diversity & Culture

Post by kjq » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Assessment 2 , Questions 1 and 2
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
1.Toby uses a wheelchair and he has little motar development or control and no spoken language. He understands, but cannot speak. Explain how you migh use resources to provide inclusive music and movement experiences for Toby?

2. Provide examples of appropriate music and movement resources which are inclusive and encourage appreciation of diversity, including other cultures?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. - Dancing to music: You can teach coordinated dance steps such as moving forward, backwards, and from side to side that Toby will be able to follow along with in his wheelchair. You can also do “sitting down” dances with all the children that will involve a lot of upper body movements and freeze dancing where the children dance and freeze when the music stops.
- Parachute: Moving the parachute up and down, coordinating the movement, or tossing balls onto a parachute and watching them bounce as the kids move it.
- Doing arm stretches along with backround music for physical activity.

2. Different music styles and music from other cultures, songs and dances from other countries and a variety of musical instruments from all different countries.

Description and Message:
Not really sure if this on the right track ? Any suggestions would also help.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

kjq

Re: CHCFC507A Use music to enhance children's experiences and development

Post by kjq » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:30 pm

I realise it says he has little motar development which makes it very hard because I don't know to what extent so I can come up with anwsers

kjq

Re: CHCFC507A - Music/Movement Experiences For Disabilities, Diversity & Culture

Post by kjq » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Good atricle, thanks.

kjq

Re: CHCFC507A - Music/Movement Experiences For Disabilities, Diversity & Culture

Post by kjq » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:13 pm

I mean article haha