CHCFC506A Foster Children's language and communication Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
WinP

CHCFC506A Foster Children's language and communication Development

Post by WinP » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 am

Hi All

I need help in this

1)language experience you could give an infant during feeding, bathing, napping changing, put down to bed
list them

2) Learn words that are constantly used in a childcare centre

Toilet
Food
Thank You
Mum
Dad
Home

3) Change phrases from Negative to positive

Stop Yelling
Don't take your shoes off
You cant go outside until you eat those meal
get off of me

could you help me to find the answer of this question...

It's due on Tuesday .. pretty pls... thank You so much

WinP

Re: CHCFC506A Foster Children's language and communication Development

Post by WinP » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:48 am

Is this right to say ??? to the children

3) Change phrases from Negative to positive

Stop Yelling :

Please don’t yell
Walk quietly
be a good boy or be a good girl

Don't take your shoes off

Shoes on please
be a good boy or be a good girl
Good Monkey

You cant go outside until you eat those meal
Finish before you leave

get off of me
Don’t gap on to me

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Stop Yelling - can u use your inside voice please, soft voices etc
Don't take your shoes off - please keep shoes on, we need to have our shoes on at the moment please etc
You can't go outside until you eat your food - Finish your food then you may go outside
Get off me - depending on context (eg if child is on your lap) Chairs are for sitting on please, can you show me how nicely you can sit on a chair

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:19 am

WinP,

Please STOP sending emails and private messages to other members or to the support team requesting for help to your questions. Posting your question in the forum should be good enough and you don't need to Private Message other members on top of that. These conditions are all part of our Forum Rules, and I have already have mentioned this to you - '''please read our forum rules''...

WinP, I feel like I am saying the same thing over and over again. Note that "no support will be provided to users who don't comply with our forum rules & guidelines".

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:58 am

WinP - it seems you need help with every question and post it here ... I say this very rarely but do you think you are able to do this Diploma? further studies are not for everyone and I know you have language barriers but then you need to maybe persue finding a way to understand your assignments eg finding a translator or maybe enrolling in some English classes. I have taught English to speakers of other languages in the past and I think you really need some help, without it you will just continue to struggle with understanding your assignment questions as well as answering them.
You emailed me with questions to the point I just had to ask you not to as I myself work FT and I am happy to come on here and post answers when I can but when someone keeps emailing me I feel bad if I do not answer..... if you keep hounding people to answer your assignments it will just annoy people.
Sorry but I am a straightfoward person and just saying it how it is

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:04 am

http://www.englishaustralia.com.au/index.cgi

A link to places that offer General English courses which may help people whose 1st language is not English

WinP

Post by WinP » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:40 pm

I was born in Australia.. Why Would I be study English.. I really want to study this course.. cause I really love children.. Not just money.. it's not important to me.. it's about children.. they always come first in my mind... that's why I want to study further more.. I just ask for help... is that alright you help me?

and I am sorry LA I send you a email.. I wont send it again... But If you tell me stop study childcare and study english I will say NO.. I am very passion with children.. that's all I want to do..

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:32 am

WinP I am not telling you to stop childcare .... I am just saying study English to improve your comprehension which will help you with your DIploma assignments
You mention you were born in Australia fair enough, but either you just type in a very shorthand way but from what you write (No offense meant , like i said i used to teach English to foreign students) it just seemed to me you could do with some help
You emailed me a few of your assignments and honestly some of the writing made no sense to me, i just could not work out what you were trying to write.

Passion is fine, but accepting your shortcomings and improving on them is also a big thing....it only helps you in the long run.

I did not and do not mean to be offensive in any way ....I merely try to help

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi WinP,

Sorry...I just want to jump in and quickly add my comments. I think you have misunderstood what Fefe is trying to say.

Sometimes some comments can be misinterpreted though it may be intended as positive advice. Also, it is hard to understand the English proficiency of a user based on the forum posts, but Fefe's suggestion is only to support you if you do have problems with the english language. So please dont take it offensive if english is your first language. Thats fine...

Also you have to understand that lately there have been a few students who are taking advantage of this support forum with their assignment questions and we have to ensure that our forum rules are followed to keep this forum welcome to everyone in a justified manner. Once again, dont take this the wrong way. We do not mind our users seeking for support, after all that’s what the forum is for, but please do so in a reasonable way. Meaning - when you do ask for support, let us know what you understand from the questions, how you would answer it in your own words, where would you need support in, etc. At least then we can understand where you are coming from and then help you from there. You will also need to add in your contribution as well so that other students who may be having the same trouble as you are, will understand from the experience you had shared. This way there is no misunderstanding, bouncing here and there posting new questions, etc..

I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks LA for clarifying that
I only say what I say to help people .... I understand the frustrations of not understanding another language & just want to give ppl advice that will benefit them in the long run

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

WinP,

Please dont PM asking for support

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:47 pm

This is insane, sorry but such behaviour should result in them being blocked from using this site.