CHCFC506A- Evidence for RPL - Language Experiences

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
nannyamanda

CHCFC506A- Evidence for RPL - Language Experiences

Post by nannyamanda » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:41 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: RPL
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
Im RPL'ing this unit and would love to know what evidence other people may have collected for the following:

1 - Support the child's skills in their own (non english) language as relevant
2 - Contribute to the assessment of language and communication skills planning appropriate support strategies
3 - plan and implement developmentally appropriate language and literature experiences for children
4 - Stimulate the child's use and understanding of language

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1 - Support the child's skills in their own (non english) language as relevant
I have collected the following evidence: a) photo of a collection of bilingual story books b) english/spanish poster of key words and phrases in both languages (translated)

2 - Contribute to the assessment of language and communication skills planning appropriate support strategies

I have collected the following evidence: a) observation checklist performed by caregiver in english as well as by parent in spanish highlighting a comparison of language performance in native and foreign tongue b) photo of children having a language lesson

3 - plan and implement developmentally appropriate language and literature experiences for children

Evidence I have collected: a) program plan (highlighted both story and music/movement time) b) photo of child reading a bilingual story book

4 - Stimulate the child's use and understanding of language

I have collected the following evidence: a) Anecdote observation of of a caregiver interacting with a child using open ended questions. b) picture of children during Q and A session (some children are sitting and listening, some have there hand up waiting their turn and one child is talking)

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCFC506A

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:53 pm

In terms of other evidence that can be collected I’ve some suggestions for you:

Support the child's skills in their own (non-English) language as relevant

- Classroom labels in both English and Spanish
- Simple songs or nursery rhymes sung in Spanish

Contribute to the assessment of language and communication skills planning appropriate support strategies
- Transcript of child and teacher conversing in Spanish
- Photos of routines such as washing hands, toileting etc.

Plan and implement developmentally appropriate language and literature experiences for children
- Photo of children attempting to write
- Photo of children reading stories to each other.
- Photo of children engaging in role play (home corner).

Stimulate the child's use and understanding of language
- Mind map/Brainstorm of children’s responses to a particular topic or question.

Hope This Helps,

:geek:,
L.A

nannyamanda

Re: CHCFC506A- Evidence for RPL - Language Experiences

Post by nannyamanda » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks so much L.A for your detailed reply :) I always doubt myself when I start so great to see Im on the right track. THe mind map is an excellent idea!