CHCFC503A and CHCFC504A - social and emotional development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Cazza

CHCFC503A and CHCFC504A - social and emotional development

Post by Cazza » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:34 pm

hi i am just wondering if someone can help me out,
my assignment question is: Name the 3 factors which Erikson believed shaped human behaviour.
i cant find any information on these factors, i have read through my textbook (birth to big school) and looked through my learning guide, even tried googling info and cant seem to find any.
thanks in advance :)

Lorina

Re: CHCFC503A and CHCFC504A - social and emotional development

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi Cazza,

I have to agree...this is a bit of a toughie... You're right can't seem to find any info on 3 factors which Erikson believed shaped human behavior because all I can find is his eight stages of psychosocial development. However, I did come across one article that mentioned that the main elements of Erikson's theory is the development of ego Identity, ego strength and ego quality. I don't know if this could be the factors you are looking for...Anyhow, I'll post the bit about it in the article below...

One of the main elements of Erikson’s psychosocial stage theory is the development of ego identity.1 Ego identity is the conscious sense of self that we develop through social interaction. According to Erikson, our ego identity is constantly changing due to new experience and information we acquire in our daily interactions with others. In addition to ego identity, Erikson also believed that a sense of competence also motivates behaviors and actions. Each stage in Erikson’s theory is concerned with becoming competent in an area of life. If the stage is handled well, the person will feel a sense of mastery, which he sometimes referred to as ego strength or ego quality.2 If the stage is managed poorly, the person will emerge with a sense of inadequacy.

Sourced from: http://psychology.about.com/od/psychoso ... social.htm

Hopefully this helps,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Cazza

Post by Cazza » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 pm

thanks heaps, hopefully that will help... its more than what i found. thanks again

Alyce

Post by Alyce » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 am

hey!
im stuck on the same question...
i also found the same artical as above so im going with that to be the answer!
:)

Angellhart
Participator
Participator

Post by Angellhart » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 am

How did you all go because I am also stuck on this one. The only thing I could find where 2 factors which are social and cultural and I don't even know if they are right.

Angellhart
Participator
Participator

Post by Angellhart » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:45 pm

For others needing help on this one I just found the answer. I was discussing it with a colleague and told her what I think may be the answers just based on all the reading I've done. She knew right away where to find the info to confirm, and my thoughts were right all along.... at least now I have the written evidence to back me up so I am not just guessing.

Biology such as personality traits
Environmental (cultural) factors such as the level of support received from significant others
Psychological factors – the individuals own perceptions of an experience are as important as the experience its self in shaping behaviour.

Ref: Frameworks for learning and development book 2, Karen Kearns page 115

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you for giving such great help Angelheart.
Very much appreciated.

ashyy!33

Post by ashyy!33 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 am

hi

i am only new to this and are havin trouble on how to post in the forums and im also having alot of difficulty finding any answeres to unit chcfc504a specifically on interpersonal and intrapersonal knowledge?/
if anyone could help would be muchly appreciated

thanks

natasha.sampson

Post by natasha.sampson » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:38 pm

hi
4 factors that are believe to shape human behavior include
1.genetic influences eg down syndrome Huntington disease
2. socio-economic influences family, education
3.influences of physical environment eg pollution
4.psychological influences eg self concept phobias fear

hope this helps any one that needs assistance with the question at hand