chcfc502 a FOSTER PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Ranea

chcfc502 a FOSTER PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT

Post by Ranea » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:43 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC502 A
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
hello everybody , in my first unit of my Diploma I have to provide planned and spontaneous experiences to foster the physical development for 4 age group , iam not sure if iam on the right track , thanks for any feedback or help .please , english is my second language , that is way some time i have problem understanding the questions
TUMMY TIME , age group 6-12 months
after i prepared all the toys , , here is the question and my answers

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
****How would you monitor the physically skill development of those children involved in the activity..????
my answer : Close observation for the child performs, sitting, without support, steady to reach objects, can control his back and chest muscles roll over- crawling – using his hands grapes – pulling and release .

****How could you encourage and capture children’s ideas on how to extend this activity ????
my answer : We can add tunnels and sturdy table to encourage the children to pull them selfe up , and balls for example

********Specify an area of additional need that a child within this age group may have and discuss how would you adapt the activity according I have no Idea how to answer ???????????????????

Description and Message:

debzo
Participator
Participator

Re: chcfc502 a FOSTER PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT

Post by debzo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:57 am

Hi Ranea

Knowledge of this stuff just develops as you work with children and build up experience. Your answers so far seem to be on the right track. For the last part of the question I would talk about providing safe areas for babies to practise their movement without being
trampled by toddlers. How can can you set up areas where babies have some protection but are still part of the group? We had a great ring thing that enabled the youngest member of our class to have his own space but supported him if he toppled, while still giving him lots of opportunities to practise his gross motor skills. He spent a lot of time in that ring for the first few months he was in our room and then he pretty much crawled out of it.