Chcece022 promote children agency

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
lanashakir
Participator
Participator

Chcece022 promote children agency

Post by lanashakir » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Refer to Case study below to answer the following question:

Sofie, an educator, is implementing a planned group experience. Her focus is on the children’s current interest area of plants and gardening.

The group are sitting outdoors under a tree. Sofie has read a story about planting seeds and then the children have planted sunflower and bean seeds in cotton wool held in egg cartons. Now they water the seeds and place them in the sun.

Sofie is preparing to teach the children a song about a seed growing. The song includes movement actions where the children can ‘grow like seeds’. Sofie has sung the song once to the children when the gardener walks into the yard. The gardener is planning to build a garden bed. The position has been chosen, and now he needs to measure the space, develop a list of materials required, shop for the materials, build the garden bed and dig it out ready for planting.

As the gardener walks to the proposed area, the children turn to see what is happening and one child calls out, ‘Hey mister, what are you doing?
1 what would you do next? Explain your response in detail considering the children’s interests.
2.How can you ensure your program is flexible?
3. How can you follow up activities of high interest?
My answer for question 1. I will talk to the children explain for them the gardener want to build a garden bed.
Then i will speak with the gardner if the children can participate with you to build a garden bed.
For question.2. i will give the children time when participate with the gardener to look at her first then they can help her to build a garden bed.
Im not sure if im right wrong!!! I need help for rest of the questions
Thank you so much