CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Yolanda
Participator
Participator

CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Post by Yolanda » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Needs a little help please on where I can find this information or some ideas please

The scenario is;

QECNT recently completed a spot check of your service as a result of several “serious incident” reports and complaints from parents that were submitted to them in a short space of time. You have received their written report and must now respond. You have identified that in the 8 week period in which the serious incidents occurred, 4 new staff members had commenced work; and several of the regular staff had been away on sick leave.
Some of the issues in the QECNT report included:

1.The breach is;
At morning tea time children accessed food that had been left uncovered for 30 minutes and unsupervised for 10 minutes

My question is;

Any recognized safety guidelines that should be used by the service and the organizations and the websites that provide this information,

2,The breach is; 2 families were not notified of head injuries that their child sustained in care

My question is; any recognized safety guidelines that should be used by the service and the organizations and the websites that provide this information,

Thanks Yolanda