CHCECE010 - Experience Plan To Support Communication For Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
harleyssky

CHCECE010 - Experience Plan To Support Communication For Children

Post by harleyssky » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Candidate Assessment Guide CHCECE010 - SUPPORT HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
hello I am currently completing my Candidate Assessment Guide (gap task) I am at the end and I'm only question left but it seem my brain just can't come up with the answers I need to finish I am hoping that the answer I provide is on the right path for the question and if not I would appreciate some ideas as what I could do. My question is as followed.

Develop and implement an experience plan to support communication development of a group of children.
Your experience plan should address the following elements of this unit.

5.2 select, read and tell developmentally appropriate stories
5.3 use puppets and other props to stimulate children's enjoyment of language and literature
5.5 encourage children to explore symbols, patterns and their relationships
5.6 draw children's attention to symbols and patterns in their environment and talk about patterns and relationships, including the relationship between letters and sounds
5.7 create opportunities for group discussions and exchange of views between children
5.8 ask and answer questions during the reading and discussion of books or other text
5.9 model language and encourage children to express themselves through language in a range of contexts and for a range of purposes.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
My plan for this experience is based on the children interest and my learning stories that I have completed recently.

I work in a preschool in the 4 -5 year old room the children have a love for cooking in the sand pit so I thought I could extend on their interest and bring it into the class room for my experiences plan that will need to implement.

This is what I was thinking. Tell me if you think this experience will address the about elements. Or if I'm way of base here.
This experience will be over 4 days and planned for two different class Tus/Wed and Thur/Fri

Cooking environment in the home corner, with real cooking utensils, pots, pans plates and cups, ladles, frying pan (not working), chef’s hat and aprons. I would set up a cooking area with cooking books and recipe's and a dining area with table and chairs and menu's and pencils and pad to take the customers’ orders. I will also extend this experience by adding babies and prams into the room so they children can take the babies to the dining room and eat.

Description and Message:
Do you think that this experience covers all of the elements and If not what can I had. any suggestions will be welcomed.

thank you
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCECE010 - Experience Plan To Support Communication For Children

Post by cathiek » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:38 pm

HI there

Sounds good, there are perhaps a couple of things you could add to ensure you cover all of the elements:
If you work through the list of elements (based on your choice of cooking/food, I would add something like:
5.2 Provide fiction and non-fiction stories relating to cooking (wombat stew, children's recipe books, Handa's suprprise, Gingerbread man, rosies walk etc..)
5.3 Source puppets or felt board pieces to retell well known stories relating to cooking and re-tell the stories using these instead of books.
5.5 As you read point out parts of the story such as the words, capital letters, illustrations, rhyming words etc. this encourages relationships between letters and sounds plus patterns in reading etc.
5.6 Saying things such as bowl starts wit the B sound, so does your name Barry, can you hear that is a way of pointing out the relationship, or asking the child if they know what sound bowl starts with etc...
5.7 Group discussion around food is an easy one, say you read Goldilocks you could talk about porridge being a breakfast food and then have the children discuss their favourite breakfast food or what hot breakfast food they like and cold etc....
5.8 Asking whether they have cooked before, what sorts of things they have cooked, who they cook with. Or relate it more to the text you are reading...
5.9 modelling language, clap out words or syllables, point out the words as you are reading. Read a book with very repetetive text so the children can rad along with you.

Hope these suggestions help
Cathiek

harleyssky

Re: CHCECE010 - Experience Plan To Support Communication For Children

Post by harleyssky » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:08 am

Thank you so much for your feedback and I will add the suggestion you made into my plan.