CHCECE001 - Chinese Moon Festival

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Mel7

CHCECE001 - Chinese Moon Festival

Post by Mel7 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I am up to my first workplace task for this book and need to plan and implement an experience relating to an event or custom from the children, families and / or the broader community in my centre.

So far I have decided that I am going to do my experience on the mid autumn Chinese moon festival for kindy aged children. I am going to relate it to differences and similarities in families and how they celebrate.

I was thinking of making Chinese lanterns but wondered if it was to cliche and or creatively stifling.

Any input would be appreciated please.

Thank you

Melissa

Mel7

Re: Cultural competence CHCECE001

Post by Mel7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:12 am

Sorry everyone, I was having issues with my internet the other night and didnt realise it posted twice

Lorina

Re: CHCECE001 - Chinese Moon Festival

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:56 pm

Instead of doing Chinese lanterns why don't you do a cooking experience such as "moon cakes" which is used during the festival. Cooking will also give the children an insight of the types of flavours and ingredients used to create the cake. They can take the cake home and share it with family as part of learning about the Chinese Moon festival...

Hope this idea helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:59 pm

I was just thinking you can extend of the festival by researching other festivals around the world which is related to the moon such as Eid for muslims...

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Mel7

Post by Mel7 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Thank you Lorina, I ended up using the moon cakes and was able to take it further by exploring different food / festivals around the world

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Great! :thumbup:

Lorina