CHCCN511B - WHS Issues: Particpative Decisions

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
lily

CHCCN511B - WHS Issues: Particpative Decisions

Post by lily » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN511B
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
In relation to each of the following WHS issues identify who should be involved in the participative decision making and why.

ISSUE
Returfing the play area
Developing a new WHS policy
Planning WHS training
Relocating first aid kit
Re fencing the play area over the weekend

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
i find out a lot even on this site noone give much help. can anyone plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz respose to this question?
i would be so gratefull that person who helped me out with this question plzzzzzzzzzzzz. i m so worried that's the last question of my assignment. so plzzzzzzzzzz
thanx in advance

Description and Message:
:roll: :roll:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: OHS legislation

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 am

If you are wanting support for your questions then you will need to attempt to answer your own questions... Others may not receive much support because they do not follow forum rules or attempt to answer their own questions. We are not here to give you easy answers for your assignment.

Anyways, a similar question has already been answered on this forum:

OHS Legislation - CHCCN511A Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

:geek:,
L.A

lily

Re: CHCCN511B - WHS Issues: Particpative Decisions

Post by lily » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:58 am

1.Returfing the play area
In relation of returfing the play area parents and co-ordinators should be involved in the participation decision. Because co-ordinators support educators in the scheme through provision of practical information on programming resources. Families should be involved because they are using the service. It develops a sense of familiarity in which families feel welcome and comfortable about accessing further information about the service.

2.Developing a new WHS policy
If an employee developing a new WHS policy he should involved coordinator because they are responsible for maintaining a high standard of hygiene and safety in home environment, furniture and equipment at the centre relating to WHS. Parent should involved in they will feel that their child are in safe, happy and well cared environment and they will feel respected.
3.Planning WHS training
If an employee planning to attend WHS meeting he should inform co-ordinator that he can attend training on weekend or after work because he is working full time so co-ordinator can arrange his training on weekend or after work. He should involved parents that he is going to attend WHS training so parents would like to know more information about the service. They will believe that their children should be educated and cared for in a safe, warm and play based learning program.
4.Relocating first aid kit
If an employee relocating first aid kit from kitchen to front door. An employee should involved co-ordinator, parents and visitors. Because if there is any emergency and an accident happened and they are available that time they should know that where is first aid kit located and they can help employee that time.
5.Re fencing the play area over the weekend
Employee should involve co-ordinator when re fencing the play area for guidance around playground safety issues or consult the FDC reference paper. Coordinator will guide for careful planning and placemat of fixed or non fixed playground equipment which must be taken at all times to ensure the safety of all children. Parents should involve in this decision because they are the part of the service. They would like to see new and safe play area for their kids on Monday.
I try to do it my self can u plz have a look on it.thanx L.A.