CHCCN511B - Training Presentation For New Staff

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
CoolestGirl

CHCCN511B - Training Presentation For New Staff

Post by CoolestGirl » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:25 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN511B Maintain a Safe & Healthy Environment for Children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Develop a 5-7 minute training presentation for new staff in a children’s service. Not sure how to begin this assignment.
I'm doing it on Bullying and Harassment here's some of what need to do which I'm not certain on

Set some outcomes for your presentation
Draw on current relevant expert information from relevant industry bodies (eg Legislation, Workcover, NQF, NQS )

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I've started of with the title in the powerpoint, explaining this is a staff training session to help educators on what to do when Bullying and Harassment occurs, what is Bullying and Harassment. I've said it's for staff to have a sound understand of what to do when Bullying and Harassment occurs in the workforce and Why we need to act upon Bullying and Harassment according to legislative requirements as some of the outcomes, I am just lost on where to go from here. Can someone give me an example on how I can draw current relevant expert information from NQF/NQS?

Thanks for any suggestions

Description and Message:
:?: :thumbup:
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Health and Safety

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:26 am

You're referring to Bullying and Harassment in the workplace, from other staff and from parents?

Some outcomes can be something like...

1) Understanding what bullying and harassment is
2) Who to talk to if this occurs
3) Communicating positively with others
3) Steps to take if bullying and harassment occurs

Have a look at the Grievance Policy (Google it), this explains what procedures to take if staff/parents are having issues with one another. In the Guide to NQS (Google) have a look at Quality Areas 4, 6 and &. They are on staffing, leadership and collaborating with families I'm not sure if you can find anything exactly related to your topic but it may help. You can also try searching for Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace for more information...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A