CHCCN511A - Scenario: Making a Report of Suspected Abuse

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ashmi

CHCCN511A - Scenario: Making a Report of Suspected Abuse

Post by ashmi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN511A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Dear friend i am confused how to write this need ur advise ...

you are the authoried supervior in a 40 place long day care centre. One of the team members comes to you with concerns over a child. They feel the child has been arriving at the centre on a number of occasions with multiple bruises on both upper arms.what you would do, steps you need to take, documentation that needs to be kept and strategies to support the child, staff and family.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
No idea

Description and Message:
I will be very thankful who will write valuable idea..thank u
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: child protection

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:44 am

I am providing you with a link to the Community NSW Government site which provides information on how to make a report of suspected child abuse. Here you will find the information you need. Please keep in mind that here in NSW we are mandatory reporters, meaning if we are suspicious of a child being abused we need to make a report, so it's a good idea when reading this information to understand and remember it.

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/kts/gui ... /index.htm

I'm also attaching a booklet which will provide you with details on documentation needed, supporting families and child of suspected abuse.

[attachment=0]child-abuse-booklet.rtf[/attachment]
:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ashmi

Re: CHCCN511A - Scenario: Making a Report of Suspected Abuse

Post by ashmi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Thank u very much L.A