CHCCN511A - Health And Safety Policies

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ashmi

CHCCN511A - Health And Safety Policies

Post by ashmi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN511A Establish and Maintain a safe and Healthy Environment for Children
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi friend i m doing Diploma at home and this is my starting assignment of policies. Polices is about Hygiene and safety Practices i have a few question about the assignment which is i need your help thank you...

1. What health and safety regulations apply in Hygiene and safety Practices to the policy?

2. Do current work practices comply with hygiene and safety practices regulations?

3. Does the selected policy comply with hygiene and safety practices regulation?

4. Where is the policy kept and How are staff informed about hygiene and safety practices ?

5. How are staff consulted or contribute to the hygiene and safety practices policy?

6. How is the hygiene and safety practices policy implemented? Do you think this is an effective way to implentment the hygiene and safety practices policy ?Explain why/why not.

7. How is the hygiene and safety practices policy evaluated in the workplace? who is involved in evaluating hygiene and safety practices and how frequently?

8. How would you encourage non-complying staff to comply with the hygiene and safety practices polices?

9What recommendations could you make to improve the hygiene and safety practices polices?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE HOW TO WRITE ANSWER THANK U...

Description and Message:
Hi friend i m doing Diploma at home and this is my starting assignment of policies. Polices is about Hygiene and safety Practices i have a few question about the assignment which is i need your help thank you...
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm attaching a copy of Health and Safety Policies which should help you with these questions.

You will need to answer or make an attempt to answer all the questions if you want further help and support. Even if you don't know try and find the information responding to the questions asked in the assignment.

[attachment=0]childcare_model_policies_health_safety.pdf[/attachment]
:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ashmi

Re: CHCCN511A - Health And Safety Policies

Post by ashmi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:59 am

Thank u so much L. A this web site realy help me thanks again.

ashmi

Re: CHCCN511A - Health And Safety Policies

Post by ashmi » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Dear friend i have answered but still got confused could plz share some idea of this question answer:

HYGIENE AND SAFETY PRACTICES   Read each policy, reflect on current work practices affected by the policy and then evaluate its effectiveness. Look at:

1:What health and safety regulation apply to the policy?

Ans:- In the children services policy relate dirctly to the requirements of regulations,Federal and state goverment legislation and an OHS(occupation health and safety) for a safe and heathly environment in regarding children's safety.  

2. Do current work practices comply with the regulation?

Ans: Yes Children services do work practices comply with the regulation for the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and children.  

3. Does the selected policy comply with these regulation?

Ans: Yes the selected policy with these regulation in reducing health and safety risks to children, staff and visitor and also control the spread of infectious diseases and to manage injuries and illness to services.  

4. Where is the policy kept and how are staff informed about it?

Ans: the policy are kept in the director room or manager room or staff room but the but practices are posted in the kitchen, staff room,toilet, nappy change room,outdoor barandah children rooms e.g above the sink, Entrace door. Staff are informed by meeting, internal tranning, coaching by senior staff or supervisor,first aid tranning.  

5. How are staff consulted or contributed to the policy?

Ans:# Staff are required to scan the indoor and outdoor environment on a daily basis using the Safety (Indoor and Out door ). ( All potentailly dangerous materials and equipment will be stored in a locked cupboard or out reach of children.) #Work place hazard assessment checklist. #Safety checklist fir daily inspection #Register of injurazard alert register #Risk control form #Risk priorty indicator  

6. How is the policy implemented? Do you think this is an effective way to implement the policy?      Explain why /why not. Ans:

7. How is the policy evaluated in the workplace? Who is involved in evaluating it and how frequently?    

8. How would you encourage non-complying staff to comply with the policy?  

9. What recommendations could you make to improve the policy?