CHC50908 - Age Appropriateness for 4 yr old Snatching

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

CHC50908 - Age Appropriateness for 4 yr old Snatching

Post by sherry.mcc » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Practicum Placement CHC50908
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Behaviour - Child aged 4 snatching toys from another child.
Assignment question is
Comment on the age appropriateness or not of the behaviour that you see and the possible reasons for the behaviour.
I don't know what to put for the age appropriateness.
Reasons I have put -
Child is asserting her authority when she wants what another child has.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Comment on the age appropriateness or not of the behaviour that you see and the possible reasons for the behaviour. I have googled age appropriateness of 3 to 5 year olds, I have googled age of appropriateness of behavioural management of 3 to 5 year olds, 3 to 5 year olds behavioural management.

Description and Message:
Behaviour - Child aged 4 snatching toys from another child.
Assignment Question: Comment on the age appropriateness or not of the behaviour that you see and the possible reasons for the behaviour.
I don't know what to put for the age appropriateness. Have googled but come up with milestones, etc.
For the reason for the behaviour I have put -
Child is asserting her authority when she wants what another child has.
Am I on the right track for the reason?
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Behaviour Management

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi Sherry,

I had written an article called Behavioral Milestones available in Resources, Child Behavior & Psychology. This article describes the different stages of developmental behavior a child will go through in their early years. The points mentioned in this article may be able to help you with this question.

:geek:,
L.A