Case Study Help

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
BipolarBear

Case Study Help

Post by BipolarBear » Mon May 22, 2017 11:48 am

Hi all,
This is the scenario I am stuck on "You are in the staff kitchen on a break and two other staff members are talking about some of the children in each of their rooms. One staff member is talking about how one child’s parents have just separated and the mother has requested that the father does not do pick up’s. The staff member proceeds to tell the other staff member that she suspects family violence has occurred as she had reported her suspicions in the past to her supervisor.
The two staff members proceed to talk about the case without realizing that they could be heard from the hall. A parent who was picking up a sick child overheard the conversation.

This is the requirements:
Draft a response of what type of issue we are dealing with. What are some methods to ensure this doesn’t happen again?
Specifically, you need to identify:
- how these impact individual workers, and the consequences of breaches
- Identify a potential work practice improvement to enhance workplace responsiveness or to prevent such issues arising again.

This is what I have so far I just want to know if I am on the right track, if not any suggestions?
This is a breach of client confidentiality. Other parents do not need to know what is going on in another child’s life. If there is suspected abuse, then the staff member has done the right thing about it and reported it. A breach in confidentiality could lead to the members losing their job, to stop this from happening the staff member needs to be aware of the people / children around them. Another way to ensure this does not happen in front of parents is to wait until children have been collected to discuss this information