Applying National Child Health & Well Being Competencies To Work

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jules.garcia

Applying National Child Health & Well Being Competencies To Work

Post by jules.garcia » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi there!

I have a question that you might be able to help.

"What are the national child health and well being competencies and how do they apply to educator's work with 0-6 years old?"
>>> My thoughts are: support and promote children's development, establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children and advocating the children's rights..
Am I on the right track or off track? :?

Sorry I am new to this so using this toolbar here might not work the way I want it to be.
Hope you can share your thoughts...

jules
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Applying National Child Health & Well Being Competencies To Work

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi juleo868,

Umm...I'm not too sure if the response you gave is correct. I have had a look at the National Quality Standard and under Quality Area 2: Children's Health and Safety it lists each of the standards involved. Now I'm 100% sure if this is what the question is actually referring to but I'm attaching the document below so you can check it out (just find Quality Area 2, pg 47).

[attachment=0]NQS_Section 1.pdf[/attachment]
Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jules.garcia

Post by jules.garcia » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi L.A.!

Thank you very much for pointing me into the right direction. I have thought about the NQF but I guess I haven't understood the question as such :oops: . Now, my brain is working and ready to finish my tasks. :D

A great help!!! :clap:

Regards :),
jules

Lillypad88
Helper
Helper

Post by Lillypad88 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Hello
I just searched the link given in the previous answer but I can't find the relevance to the question :(
I think I may be missing something,
It is for the child wellbeing core competency question, really hoping someone can give me some advise as I am completely stuck on this question
Thank you
Lilly :cry:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:48 am

Hi Lilly,

I don't know if I'm actually right with this one but the topic question has come up a few times in the forum and as of now this is the response that has always been given. No student has actually confirmed if it's right or not so my guess is completely as good as yours. However I have done a lot of research on this in previous topics and this is the only think could find in regard to National Child Health and Well being Competencies.

Each child’s health is promoted.
2.1.1 Each child’s health needs are supported.
2.1.2 Each child’s comfort is provided for and there are appropriate opportunities to meet each child’s need for sleep, rest and relaxation.
2.1.3 Effective hygiene practices are promoted and implemented.
2.1.4 Steps are taken to control the spread of infectious diseases and to manage injuries and illness, in accordance with
recognised guidelines.
2.2 Healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children.
2.2.1 Healthy eating is promoted and food and drinks provided by the service are nutritious and appropriate for each child.
2.2.2 Physical activity is promoted through planned and spontaneous experiences and is appropriate for each child.
2.3 Each child is protected.
2.3.1 Children are adequately supervised at all times.
2.3.2 Every reasonable precaution is taken to protect children from harm and any hazard likely to cause injury.
2.3.3 Plans to effectively manage incidents and emergencies are developed in consultation with relevant authorities, practised
and implemented.
2.3.4 Educators, co-ordinators and staff members are aware of their roles and responsibilities to respond to every child at risk of
abuse or neglect.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help,

:geek:,
L.A

Lillypad88
Helper
Helper

Post by Lillypad88 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Thank you for your help Lorina
Warm Regards
Lilly

debbii1960

Post by debbii1960 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Lorina,
I am doing a unit as well that requires this information and I have found the list of 9 knowledge areas and 7 skill areas in the front of the unit
hope this helps
debbii

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:30 am

debbii1960 wrote:Hi Lorina,
I am doing a unit as well that requires this information and I have found the list of 9 knowledge areas and 7 skill areas in the front of the unit
hope this helps
debbii
Thanks Debbii,

Would you be able to add them to this post if possible. This is such a popular question and it would really help others out...

Thanks,

L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:23 am

Finally Found!!

The National Child Health and Well Being Core Competencies refer to the following:

Relevance Of National Child Health & Wellbeing Core Competencies

L.A