Aesthetics

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
princess-1978

Aesthetics

Post by princess-1978 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC508A - Foster children's aesthetic & creative development
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I am currently stuck on a question that asks you to create a list of things that appeal to your different senses. For example what would appeal to your sight may be colour & clutter free environment (or at least that is how I am reading and answering the questions). This being said when I think of things that appeal to my taste when I walk into an environment I am getting a bit stuck. When I think of things that appeal to my taste I automatically think food but know this is not correct. Can someone please try and point me in the correct direction.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I currently don't have an answer for taste as I don't know where to start. I have done all other senses but this one just stumps me.

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: Aesthetics

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:39 am

Is this question based on your senses or the child's?

Could taste be how nutrition is incorporated into the menu during meal times in different ways for example vegetables can be boiled, roasted, puréed, which will appeal to our different tastes... different foods being offered from different cultures etc?...

:geek:,
L.A

princess-1978

Re: Aesthetics

Post by princess-1978 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:13 am

It's based on my senses and what is pleasing to me. I think meal time taste is the way I'm going to go. From what I've done so far there doesn't appear to be a wrong answer as everyone would have different tastes. Thank you so much for your reply xx