weekly curriculum plan: when to display?

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
paddywack

weekly curriculum plan: when to display?

Post by paddywack » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:24 am

My understanding is that the weekly curriculum plan is completed at the end of each day/week and then finalised, as you are unable to edit it.
So, this would mean there would be no plan in advance on display for the day / week? I could fill out page one, then finalise. But would then be able to complete reflection questions at the end of the week
Help Please!? :giggle:

Lorina

Re: weekly curriculum plan: when to display?

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:43 am

OK with weekly curriculum planning most of it can be filled out in advance from the previous week itself. When you add the input from the previous week evaluation and reflection onto the following weeks curriculum plan then the curriculum plan should be ready for the beginning of that specific week. All the "extras" that need to be added (which would mostly be spontaneous experiences) can be added into the Daily Dairy and if need be followed up on the next curriculum plan through a related experiences etc.

Also, with the templates they can be saved onto your computer, edited, then finalised at the very end...

Hopefully this makes sense,

Let me know if you require further help,

:geek:,
L.A

paddywack

Post by paddywack » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks Lorina
I understand that the plan is a reflection of the obs etc from the week before, therefore you can plan for the week. There are a few reflection questions that can't be answered until the week is complete. this means that the plan can't be printed out and put on display until the end of the week. What do you have on display for the parents during the week? could you write "see next week" for those reflection questions that can't be answered? or all reflection questions for that week answered in the next week to allow for program to be displayed at the beginning of the week. I have looked at the other templates and feel that as you have said, they can be used to record and document all the extra things

Thanks again for your brain

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:55 pm

I understand what you man regarding the reflection questions. Maybe you can print just the first page with the weekly curriculum plan to display at the beginning of the week and then at the end of the week when you do the reflection questions you can print page 2 out and add it along with your curriculum plan for filing. Since the reflection questions are usually done at the end of the week you can simply display these for parents to see the following week if you wanted....

I would only print the curriculum plan for parents to see at the start of the week then add page 2 when completed at the end of the week. In our Wiki in Childcare Programming, we have the list of outcomes which can be printed out and displayed for parents to see along with the curriculum plan.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

paddywack

Post by paddywack » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Thanks again lorina
will work through a few different solutions