need help to implement eylf with toddlers

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hotpies2006
Participator
Participator

need help to implement eylf with toddlers

Post by hotpies2006 » Sun May 29, 2011 2:12 pm

hi i am a group leader in a toddlers room and have been trying to implement eylf into our class, i understanding or sort of get it with the older age rooms but i am having trouble doing it in my own room with toddlers from the age of 15 months to 2 1/2 years it so confusing, and not sure of what and how to document and to follow in the the way of emmergent curriculum, and how is the best format to use eg web for program :? it is doing my head in lol as all of us at my centre dont get it any help would be much appreciated

Lorina

Re: need help to implement eylf with toddlers

Post by Lorina » Tue May 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi Hotpies,

I know it's a little harder with trying to implement the EYLF in the younger rooms. This is where I find parent feedback/parent input is a MUST!! Try and talk to the parents about what they did on the weekend or any special event that has taken place in their family and build your extension/child interest on that. I completely understand that a little one often changes their interests (one minute they like dolls the next they want cars/trains). However if they show a similar interest in a particular book for instance, that you have read during group time, try and come up with activities that focus on that. For e.g. A couple of weeks ago, I read Dear Zoo during group time with my toddlers. They loved it.... they were recognizing the animals in the story, repeating the words of the story, pointing to the pictures etc. So I identified that they showed an interest in zoo animals. I set up my interest in animals. Using animal figurines in block area, did animal art n craft, sang animal songs, looked at different picture books with animals, had animal felt boards etc. This lasted a week until another interest came along. I made sure I documented the children's learning throughout the "animal experience" and wrote up a learning story about it. As long as you''re following the children's interest through what you observe or through parent input your on the right track...

Hopefully this gives you a little more re-assurance,

:geek:,
L.A

hotpies2006
Participator
Participator

Re: need help to implement eylf with toddlers

Post by hotpies2006 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:59 am

thankyou soo much L.A i was alittle unsure where to start , i get it now and i yes i will being using this same format on this site to, it makes sense to me now, so once again thanks